DogTime Blogs

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Balding Cats

Cats can lose hair for a number of reasons. It's important to have your cat checked by a veterinarian early on to make sure the condition is not serious and does not get worse.

Causes:
1. Failure to produce hair
- rare, but can occur in specific breeds such as Sphinx
2. Loss of existing hair
- skin infections – bacterial, fungal, parasitic
3. Self-trauma or behavioral
- excessive grooming, stress-related, injuries

Treatment depends on cause and can range from
• Flea control
• Mite control
• Antibiotics for bacterial infection
• Elimination diets for allergies

1 comment:

  1. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think. denver hair solution

    ReplyDelete